BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

untitled

My soul has been awakened
Set aflame by the impossible
Kept burning by the undeniable
But make no mistake about it, it is awake.
It took nothing more than the name of a movie
a perfectly timed laugh
or maybe it was the warmth of the rum
but whatever it was, it worked.
I was guided down a path by a force I've never felt
Something telling me I couldn't reject this feeling
I'd regret it. For sure, I'd regret it.
No regrets.
I've had enough of those. So I decided to plow through.
Discovery is scary but beautiful.
Having faith when you know something is right and taking the leap
means the difference between having something and not
and when you've had a whole lot of nothing
you learn to take the leap of faith.
I'm glad I did.
Being wrapped in strong arms and feeling drops of sweat
drip in places on my body that he's never seen
solidified the place of this man in my existence.
Feeling his lips pressed against mine and the way we knew,
just knew,
it felt right.
The way he snuggled me closer when he really wanted to get up.
The way he asked if we could lay there 'just a little longer.'
The way he made sure I got home safe and requested to see me again soon.
All solidified his place.
I know where he stands. Now it's up to him to decide which way he wants to lean.

0 comments: