BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Patience

Looking up at the Niagara Falls as they float in the sky
Feeling his eyes on me through the corner of my eye--
I sigh.
I can feel the aura, the energy, the vibe
The warmth I've searched for my whole life
is finally in my presence.
I stare stoically ahead in an effort not to fuck this up
as I most typically do,
So I nod and smile at questions
I fiddle with the car stereo
I smirk as he bobs his head to hip hop
I push down the feeling so deep--
the feeling telling me to reach out and grab him,
reach out and touch him,
reach out and hold him and tell him what he means to me.
I push it down.
until I can't take it any longer
and I scratch his back with my fingertips.
He smiles and leans over, running his long warm fingers down my thigh
I quiver as I try in vain to focus on the drive
because if I can't get this man home alive
well, that could be an issue.
So I refocus my efforts and pull up to his flat
Our lips meet one last time for the night.
Please don't get out of the car.
Please don't get out of the car.
Please don't get out of the car.
He gets out of the car.
Until we meet again.

0 comments: